Caring for the skin is important. More and more people have started realizing this and taking measures to ensure that their skin stays healthy. Certain skin care routine where seen as a headache for women, but today, more and more men are now getting involved in taking care of their skin as they are now aware of the importance.
It is not enough to have the intention to care for your skin; your intention should be backed by action. Knowing what to do and what not to do is important here. This is where this post comes in! You will learn skincare: the dos and the don’ts as you get along.
Skin care dos
- Drink enough water daily: Water is very important for your skin. It helps to keep the body hydrated. It also help to remove toxic materials from the body, thereby making the body to function properly. The amount of water you drink is most times determine by the temperature of your locality. More water should be consume during summer months as compared to winter months. During summer more water is lost especially through the skin and as such you need to drink more water to replenish the body.
- Moisturize: drinking enough water may not be enough for a healthy skin. You also need to moisturize. Moisturizing will help your skin stay hydrated. The skin is the last part of the body water gets to. Water may not get to the skin if you don’t take enough of it. When you moisturize, it helps to compliment drinking water. Choosing the right moisturizing cream will be helpful here.
- Exfoliate: Exfoliation is good for the skin as it helps to remove dead skin cell. Exfoliation should be done once a week or once in two weeks.
- Eat healthy: Healthy diet is great for your skin.
- Protect your skin from the sun: the sun is known to cause serious damage to the skin. There are several ways to protect the skin from the sun. These include wearing sunglasses, wide brim hat and most importantly wearing sunscreen. SPF protection will shield you against the harmful effect of the sun. Don’t forget to wear daily irrespective of the weather outside or the season as we are now aware that a level of damage can be done even in winter or cloudy weather condition.
Skin care don’ts
- Over exfoliation: Exfoliation is good but should be done moderately. Exfoliation is not a daily routine; instead it should be done once a week or once in 2 weeks. Over exfoliation will not do you good but may cause irritation or harm to the skin.
- Drinking too much coffee: Drinking too much of coffee may cause dehydration. To avoid dehydration, reduce the quantity of coffee you drink.
Stop smoking: Smoking causes skin damage. It is the second most common cause of skin damage after exposure to the sun. The reason is that, nicotine, which is found in cigarette, constrict blood vessels and this reduces the flow of oxygen to the skin.
Remove your hands from your face: Avoid touching your face as it could cause problem for you. Dirts from your hands could get to your face which is like a channel for bacteria to get to your face.
He has interest in Health and has been blogging genuinely on general health issues and problems especially on areas he has wide knowledge on since 2009. Feel free to contact him.
Latest posts by Francis (see all)