One look at the expanding waistlines of many Americans and it’s apparent that something has got to give, and I don’t mean the buttons on our trousers.
Obesity has become such an epidemic that our current generation of children is not expected to outlive their parents because of the health risks associated with being overweight.
This, to me, is frightening and reason enough to start taking my health seriously. I want to watch my children grow to have children of their own.
The Skinny on Raspberry Ketones
Raspberry ketones are the big dietary buzzword of late, ever since Dr. Oz called the supplement a “miracle” in a bottle. This miraculous chemical which gives raspberries their distinctive aroma can also be found in apples and other fruits, and isn’t quite so new on the scene as you might think.
Raspberry ketones have actually been in use for a long time, primarily called upon as flavor enhancers and cosmetics additives. The big news these days is that raspberry ketones have shown some weight loss benefits in lab mice, and because of these successful lab tests, humans may experience similar results.
Part of a Balanced Diet
While the women profiled on the Dr. Oz show did experience successful weight loss, it’s important to remember they used supplements as part of an overall change to their diet and exercise habits.
Relying solely on a supplement for weight loss seldom leads to the results desired, instead it’s a good idea to include supplements as an overall healthy lifestyle.
Benefits of a Healthy Diet and Lifestyle
- Lower Blood Pressure – According to WebMD, “More than 60% of adults in the United States are overweight.” By losing just a few pounds you can lower your blood pressure. Simple changes to your diet, such as reducing your intake of salt and eating more fruits and vegetables, can also play a significant role in reducing high blood pressure.
- More Stamina – As your blood pressure lowers and your cardiovascular strength improves, so too will your stamina. You’ll be able to not only be able to walk a few laps around the block comfortably, but you’ll be able to push yourself harder before feeling fatigued as well.
- Increased Energy – Improved stamina and increased energy go hand-in-hand. Eating a balanced diet rich in whole, plant-based foods is super-energizing. Say farewell to the mid-afternoon slump, because when your body is running on clean fuel it doesn’t suffer the effects of sugar comas. You’ll not only have time to go to the gym, you’ll have the energy to complete a few rounds of circuit training.
- Slowed Aging – Our bodies have the ability to heal themselves, given the proper tools to do so. In this case, the proper tools consist of diet, exercise, and plenty of pure, clean water. When you eat a healthy diet your cells not only repair themselves, they create stronger, healthier cells, which can minimize the appearance of fine lines and sallow skin. In short, you will not only feel younger, you’ll look younger, too.
- More Restful Sleep – Ever since I’ve been eating a healthy diet and getting regular exercise I sleep like a rock. I’m able to fall asleep easily and I awake feeling well-rested in the morning, ready to start my day. Granted the bright-eyed and bushy-tailed part of my morning doesn’t kick in until I’ve finished my morning cuppa.
- Natural Weight Loss – When eating a diet that primarily consists of whole, plant-based foods it’s not really necessary to count calories. Many fruits, vegetables and greens are not only low in calories, they are also satisfyingly filling. You’ll seldom, if ever, feel deprived and still the pounds will melt away.
Where to Shop for Weight Loss Supplements
When shopping for raspberry ketone supplements, always make sure the product you purchase is certified as the real deal. Raspberry ketone is one of those chemicals which can easily be created in a lab, and often is, so read the label before forking over your hard-earned dollars, especially since pure raspberry ketone can be quite expensive. Thankfully much of this comparison shopping can be done online, which comes in handy when trying to pick the best organic vitamins as well.
Freelance writer, Mark Harris, takes a healthy lifestyle very seriously, and often draws from experience when writing about topics such as hiking, diet, and exercise. Both he and his wife enjoy being tourists in their own back yard, and take any chance they can to explore the local hot spots in Vancouver. Wanting to enjoy a long, active life with his beautiful wife, Mark often browses sites such as www.biogirlhealth.com to brush up on information to support his wife’s good health.
This is a Guest Post by Guest Author. You can add yours
Latest posts by Guest Author (see all)