Good driving posture is very important for those who drive. Sometimes after series of hard work and dedication, a driver with poor posture will start to drive with good posture.
Are you one of those who just acquired a good driving posture? Then maintaining it should be of great importance to you. This is because, when your current posture is not sustain, you will find yourself fallen back to your old poor driving posture. That was why I came up with a well thought out tips that would help you maintain a good driving posture.
- Exercise your neck muscles frequently. This is to get it in shape and enable it function well.
- Stop at regular intervals when driving for long hours. It has been recommended that drivers should stop for about 15 minutes for every four hours drive.
- Avoid hunched back position. Allow your seat to support your back. This will prevent back, neck and shoulder pain.
- Avoid straight arm driving because it is tiresome and may cause you to make improper adjustment.
- You can change your position slightly at regular intervals when driving for long hours, instead of changing position frequently.
- Before driving, always ensure you adjust the drivers’ seat correctly. Most of the body aches and pains are caused by faulty seats.
- Finally, avoid resting your thigh completely on the driver’s seat. It should be raised up a bit. This will enable blood to flow to the lower part of the body.
When you observe the above, then you are sure that you can stay with you current posture and not go back to your old poor driving posture.